Check out the new Milviz TacPack-Powered F-4E Phantom II!
VRS provides affordable location-based entertainment and training solutions
TacPack & Superbug now Available for Prepar3D Academic v3!
posted April 22nd, 2016
has finally arrived for Lockheed Martin's P3D Academic v3! Please
see TacPack P3D system requirements for exact version support!
TacPack is a true single and multi-player tactical combat engine
which allows TacPack-compliant
aircraft and other SimObjects to
utilize combat systems such as air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons,
ECM/ECCM, RWR, IFF, and multi-mode radar.
Academic version has all the same great
features of the FSX version, as well as a few new tricks, including
P3D native "IR" shaders and 2D popup support for FLIR functions. VRS intends to grow with P3D
Academic by leveraging new P3D functions and features as they become
available, provided they prove to be applicable and stable.
TacPack and Superbug for P3D Academic are intended for domestic use
only. To inquire about P3D Pro licenses
suitable for commercial, institutional, or training applications,
please contact VRS sales.
F/A-18E Superbug has been
continually updated since the first version became available for
FS2004 almost a decade ago. The Superbug legacy continues with the
introduction of our
The Superbug for P3D is a completely
TacPack-dependent aircraft which has
been integrated at the lowest levels. Consequently,
is required in order to use (or even purchase) the Superbug
for P3D Academic. Customers wishing to purchase the Superbug for P3D
- Buy the TacPack and Superbug for P3D Academic simultaneously
- Already own the TacPack for P3D Academic, and have logged into the
store under the that account (e.g. with your TacPack P3D
ID or the customer ID associated with it).
Customers who purchase the
TacPack+Superbug P3D bundle
will receive a discount of $9.95! Please remember that
the Superbug for P3D Academic requires the TacPack. If you
ever plan to purchase the Superbug, now is the time to save!
following products all work with VRS
TacPack and offer
high-quality combat systems on what would otherwise be
benign aircraft with no true combat capability. These
developers have worked hard to integrate the TacPack SDK
into their projects, making their aircraft that much more
exciting and satisfying to operate. These aircraft may all
be flown in multiplayer along side other TacPack-Powered
aircraft for a true virtual battlefield experience! Look for
the VRS TacPack-Powered logo on your next aircraft purchase,
and you can be sure it will be a product that brings all
that much more fun and excitement to your next flying
Milviz Releases TacPack-Powered F-4E Phantom II
August 23rd, 2016
Experience fully operational weapons and closely matched systems fidelity with the
(TacPack purchased separately) for the
Milviz F-4E Phantom II. (Air to Ground radar is not and will not be fully functional in this product.)
This is not a stand-alone product and requires an existing installation of the Milviz F-4E Phantom II.
Please Note: This add-on product makes significant changes to the existing installation of the MilViz F-4E Phantom. Installing this product will make a reversion back to the original (non TacPack) F-4E product impossible. When uninstalling this product it will, by default and with no other option, completely uninstall both the TacPack Addon as well as the original product.
Please make a back up of your F-4E installation directory BEFORE installing this product..
Milviz F-4E features include:
- Realistic systems and avionics
- Realistic startup and shutdowns
- Fully functional ACM (loadout menu)
- Large selection of weapons and pods
- Flight dynamics created by Bernt Stolle
- Realistic DX10/DX11 night lighting, landing lights
and custom effects
- High quality sound set recorded from a real F-4
- High quality external model using normal and specular maps
- High quality internal model complete with custom 3D gauges
- Includes external F-4J/S model (not carrier capable, no ILS)
- High resolution paint kit available
- Highly detailed product manuals included
FSX@War (The Unofficial* TacPack
June 20th, 2016
FSX@War Version 1 is now available for
FREE download! FSX@War has been designed by and for those who wish to fly military operations in an environment that offers a full sensation of emersion, anywhere in the world with an accurate and realistic reproduction of the landscape and real time weather that only FSX or derivatives, like Steam and P3D, have to offer. FSX@War has a library of nearly 200 static destructible objects (airplanes, cars, buildings, etc.) with most objects having dedicated explosion and destruction effects. It is also a demonstration theater with a hundred fictitious strategic sites (each populated with tens of goals) distributed over the Libyan territory and a campaign of twenty scripted missions allowing the ability to recreate different types of sortie from the destruction of surface to air asset (VRS
required), destruction of convoys and surgical strikes at the heart of enemy territory. This first version of FSX@War is above all, a powerful tool (with full documentation) to allow anyone to build or create anywhere in the FSX world, his or her own virtual war scenario. It enables anyone to create anything from a single target to a full theater of war in a very short time. The built-in tools that are provided allow easy placement of destructible objects in minutes with a few mouse clicks on the photo-real maps while observing the object placement in FSX. The modified sceneries (we call platforms) can be created and populated to include a few locations with factories, headquarters, power plants, refineries and much more. These creations can be used to build up an area or populate an entire country.
FSX@War was conceived primarily as the preferred
companion. TacPack was developed by the VRS team to provide military sim pilots, in FSX, with capabilities that previously were thought impossible. Gone are the days of bombings targets immune to the effects of weapons. FSX@War will also enrich the use of TacPack air-ground radar since each FSX@War targets are now detectable in their respective targeting modes (Moving, Map, and Sea). FSX@War can also operate without TacPack but with certain restrictions. It will delight all those who are flying aircraft equipped with avionics and armament (via TacPack) modeled in every detail (like the VRS
F/A-18E Superbug or
Metal2Mesh Mirage 2000 for example) more so than individuals preferring less complex plane and armament system not realistically modeled. FSX@War enables you to train in solo bombing techniques or fly full fledge combat missions in an online multiplayer environment. FSX@War supports a wealth of aircraft and helicopters available for FSX to participate in a multiplayer mission in which the complexity of the theater of operations is only limited by your imagination.
FSX@War features include:
- A library of about 150 platforms
- Integrated tools to build and assemble the platforms
- Automatic placement SA2 SAM Sites from the TacPack
- A demonstration theater (Libya) enriched with nearly 70 strategic sites of various types (refinery plants, power plants, air bases, military camps ...) composed from few to tens of targets
- The beginnings of the dynamic campaign engine that implements the target approaching platforms, calculates the effects of destruction in functions of the weapon, the target and the impact parameters and manages the behavior of the active targets by changing their appearances, as a result of your TacPack weapons and your mastering, triggering dramatic effects
- A "logbook" interface, briefing and debriefing will record in detail the results of your missions
- In Session Solo or Multiplayer, FSX is thus seen develop for those who wish, a virtual war setting where the return to base or on an Aircraft Carrier, mission accomplished, will be the ultimate challenge ahead!
- Much, much more!
*Please note that
FSX@War is not a VRS product
and is not supported by VRS
SimWorks Studios Phabulous TacPack-Powered F-4B/N Phantom II
May 267th, 2016
F-4 Phantom II is a tandem, two-seat carrier-capable supersonic fighter/bomber, first flown in May 27, 1958. Designed during the 1950s as an all-weather Mach 2 interceptor, the F-4 Phantom II could boast a maximum speed of more than twice the speed of sound, thanks to its two J79 engines. It was the first aircraft to be adopted both by the US Navy and US Air Force and it served with many air forces around the world in different variants.
"We have strived to reproduce the F-4's flying intricacies and feel in Flight Simulator X. The exterior and interior models have been recreated with great attention to detail and we believe that the SimWorks Studios F-4B can reproduce the feeling of sitting in the cockpit of this legendary aircraft!"
SimWorks F-4 features include:
- A very detailed exterior model has been created from scratch, using hundreds of drawings and photographs to ensure great detail and accuracy. From the shape of the entire aircraft to the smaller mechanical parts that can be seen, every aspect of the F-4B has been reproduced painstakingly.
- SimWorks Studios's F-4 Phantom Flight Dynamics were designed in order to reproduce the F-4B's pure aerodynamics. The Stability Augmentation System was built using detailed equations from the real thing as reference, thus completing the feel of phlight.
- Systems include an F-4B is representative of an early 1960s variant, before AFC-218 and various post 1968 variants of the F-4B and the F-4N.
- An authentic soundset created by Aaron Swindle.
- The aircraft comes
TacPack-ready. Any user who owns VRS TacPack will be able to use the F-4's weapons systems against air and ground targets. Non TacPack users will be able to load their stores as well and see their weight and CG% change, but the additional drag created by these stores and modeled through TacPack will not be felt.
Updated F-14X Extended!
March 17th, 2016
released an extensively updated version of the legendary
U.S. Navy Tomcat,
F-14X Extended! Available to all customers as a free update,
include general code/system improvements, as well as
improvements to the Kitty Hawk, new
TacPack features, and
new liveries! Aerosoft says:
"The updated 'F-14 Extended' is a free new version to all current users that was created with the assistance of three F-14 drivers. It includes not only many new functions but also makes many existing functions more realistic. Please note that the DVD includes the previous F-14 X. The Extended version for owners of the download version is available as a full new built on the order history page in your account. Owners of the boxed version will find it in our update database."
Major Enhancement Categories Include:
General code/system improvements
Dozens of new avionic and model-based features
Kitty Hawk improvements
TACAN support for TacPack spawned carriers
LANTIRN targeting pod (TacPack)
fixes from F-14 driver feedback
Caution and warning light logic rework
Seven new liveries by Tom Stovall
Much much more!
Aerosoft's forums for a complete list of changes!
TacPack-Powered F-86-30 Sabre!
January 22nd, 2016
is extremely pleased to introduce to you their
TacPack-Powered rendition of the renowned
F-86 Sabre! The installer includes 6 high definition liveries, including a true-to-life rendition of "The Huff", which was an F-86F-30 flown by Lt. James Thompson in the Korean War with the 51st Fighter Interceptor Wing, 39th Fighter Interceptor Squadron. In addition, we're also making available an optional livery pack (now freely downloadable!), which includes 12 additional stunning, high definition liveries crafted for the F-86 by Gunnar von Meeren.
"The TacPack edition of the F-86F-30 includes integration for all platforms supported by the TacPack software.
With this edition, the armament of the F-86F-30 becomes quite powerful. Experience the weapons of the F-86, from it's guns to HVAR rockets and MK117 bombs. The TacPack edition achieves close to full systems fidelity, with the exception of the automatic release mode for the bombs. "
Milviz F-86 features include:
- Realistic flight dynamics by Bernt Stolle
- Realistic startup and shutdowns
Realistic systems and avionics
- Custom realistic night lighting, landing lights and custom effects
- 18 HD liveries created by Gunnar von Meeren
- High quality sound set recorded from a real F-86
Selectable loadout options, affecting flight dynamics and performance
- High quality external and internal models
- Canopy opening will cause drag to help slow down quicker on the ground!
- Highly detailed product manual included
Skunk Works Releases
TacPack-Powered Panavia PA200 Tornado!
January 5th, 2016
Sim Skunk Works (SSW) has just released a beautiful
rendition of the venerable Panavia Tornado 200! The Tornado
will be available in 4 versions as follows:
Tornado features include:
- Basic Version for FSX
Acceleration/Steam Edition (released)
- Basic version for P3D 2.5 (late Jan 2016)
- Advanced version for FSX/SE (late Feb 2016)
- Advanced version for P3D 2.5 (late Feb 2016)
Moving Map Display using real aeronautical charts with super imposed airspaces, airports and navaids aeronautical layers
Terrain following radar linked to flight director and autopilot, TFR is based on real SRTM elevation data
Ground Mapping Radar with dynamically computed radar shadows
NAV auto steering mode
Dynamic Drag Index concept, external stores load/drop affect not only the weight but also the
Wing sweep between 25 and 67 affect the aerodynamic
behavior changing the position of center of lift and inertia moments as well,
Spin Prevention system
TacPack and vACMI compatibility
Pilot and system operator cockpits full operative in online cockpit sharing mode (Advanced version only)
Optimized model for multiplayer to assure high FPS in online sessions, those model are named "UBUNTU"
Tornado embedded tablet connected to a web site constantly updated, tablet will show normal and special procedures, new update and news of interest for users.
TacPack-Powered F-35 Lightning || v3 for P3D!
December 2nd, 2015
Following the greatly successful release of the
IndiaFoxtEcho F-35 package for Flight Simulator X, here
is a new version designed specifically for Prepar3D v2.5
(and above) with support of Vertical Reality Simulations
TacPack (note that TacPack P3D v3
support is pending).
As the F-35 program progresses, a
lot of information has been made available on the real
aircraft - so it was possible to design a better, more
realistic simulation of the F-35...and this package is an
attempt to significantly improve the existing freeware
version, bringing it to the next level of accuracy.
Unfortunately, the development costs have been really high -
therefore this package cannot be released for free. It will
shortly be available for purchase on all
major Flight Simulation portals (SimMarket,
F-35 Lighting II v3 features include:
Improved pilot interface and avionics, and based on
the most recent videos of actual simulators used for
New, high detail visual models based on professionally
High detail texture sets, based on real aircrafts, for
U.S.A.F., U.S.Marine Corps, U.S.Navy, Royal Air Force,
Royal Australian Air Force, Royal Netherlands Air Force,
Italian Air Force and Norwegian Air Force
Improved modeling and texturing of the Virtual Cockpit
Improved MFD functionality, including Air To Surface
radar (ASR), Distributed Aperture System (DAS) imagery,
Targeting and Forward Looking Infra-Red (TFLIR Imaging)
Improved HMD graphics and functionalities
TacPack-Powered F6 Lightning!
posted May 11th, 2015
Aerosoft Has just released a beautiful rendition of the English Electric Lightning, which was designed in the late 1950`s as an interceptor. This class of aircraft had to have great speed and even better climb speed to intercept the Russian bombers before they could reach their targets.
Aerosoft F6 features include:
"The F6 version in this product is not an easy aircraft to fly. It's complex and full of systems you have to manage without the aid of modern electronics. Landing especially is hard as the landing speed is awfully high and there are many things you have to check. Aircraft of this type are rare for FS and we feel the Lightning fills a niche that needed filling."
- Four models and ten liveries
- Highly detailed and accurate modeling with
specialized animations throughout
- All instruments are faithfully reproduced in 3D
- Advanced flight dynamics.
- Choice of Firestreak or Redtop missiles (or none) (TacPack
- Cockpit ladder and array of ground equipment
- Customized taxi lights
- Arrester hooks, Overwing tanks, ventral (gun) tank
- Multi zoned dimmable cockpit lighting
- More realistic brake chute by use of additional
- Realistic in-flight refueling rate (Refueling can
take place when set parameters are reached to simplify
the task for the less experienced fliers) (TacPack
- Wing to wing fuel transfer
- Bonus model of a F2A exterior included especially
for repainters Note:- External model only, VC remains
TacPack (purchased separately) compatible
TacPack-Powered A-7 Corsair II!
posted Sept 11th, 2015
Sims has recently released their
stunning recreation of the Ling-Temco-Vought A-7 Corsair II
support! The A-7 airframe design was based on the successful supersonic F-8 Crusader produced by Chance Vought. It was one of the first combat aircraft to feature a head-up display (HUD), an inertial navigation system (INS), and a turbofan engine.
"The Corsair II, which first entered service in the
late 1960's, is a carrier-based subsonic light attack
aircraft introduced to replace the United States Navy's A-4
Razbam A-7 Corsair II
Basic Features Include:
- Comprehensive representation of cockpit systems
- New detailed virtual cockpit
- Highly detailed exterior representation of all A-7Xs
- High Fidelity Cockpit functionality
- Complete representation of the armament panel, with working armament stations,
fusing, selection and weapon delivery modes
- 6 aircraft variants and 16 liveries in all
- Extensive documentation and Manual in PDF format
TacPack-Powered Features Include:
- Air-to-Air refueling capability
- A/G Radar with up to 6 modes representations (Air to ground ranging, Beacon mode, Ground Mapping, Pencil mode & Terrain
- Guided Weapons: AIM-9L Sidewinders and AGM-65 Mavericks
- Droppable weapons: Mk-82, Mk-82 Snakeye, Mk-83, Mk-84, CBU-100 Rockeye II
- Fully working M61 Vulcan 20 mm cannon
Releases TacPack-Powered Mirage 2000C!
posted May 11th, 2015
released their incredible TacPack-powered Mirage
2000C (FSX)! The highly anticipated M2KC has been in
production for many months and features gorgeous high-end
models and detailed, functional avionics systems.
M2K FSX features include:
- Highly Detailed 3D model and Virtual Cockpit
- Realistic Flight Dynamics, by Bernt Stolle
- High resolution Textures, including Specular and Bump
- High Fidelity Cockpit functionality
- Inflight Programmable INS
- Synthetic runway display (requires Peter Dowson's MakeRunways utility)
- Realistic Afterburner and Wing vapor effects
- Special and Military Liveries.(Paint Kit included) 20 in all
- TacPack Powered weapon system (TacPack
- Realistic HUD and weapon systems:
- Air to Air and Ground Cannon
- Air to Air MagicII and Super 530D
- Air to Ground Matra Rocket Pods
- Air to Ground CCRP
- Air to Ground CCIP
- Buddy Lasing (Bomb Truck)
TacPack-Powered P-38L Lightning!
posted May 9th, 2015
Visualizations (Milviz) has just completed a fantastic
rendition of the venerable WWII-era Lockheed
P-38L Lighting, complete with (optional)
TacPack support. Note that the
TacPack-powered versions are apparently sold as a different
SKUs than the "vanilla" versions, so please check your
purchase options carefully prior to checkout. From the
Milviz P-38 product page:
Milviz P-38L features include:
- Live weapons (TacPack-powered versions
only). Non-TacPack-powered versions feature
animated release sequences
- Professional flight dynamics by Bernt Stolle
- Realistic startup and shutdown procedures
- Extensive systems modeling
- Fully animated armament and fuel tank
- Selectable loadout options, affecting
flight dynamics & performance
- Realistic night lighting, landing lights
and custom effects
- 21 High quality, high definition
- High quality sound set recorded from a
- Custom 3D gauge modeling for smooth
- High quality virtual cockpit and
- Authentic Pilot Operating Handbook
- Operating instructions for all systems
TacPack-Powered SPAD VII!
posted Mar 10th, 2015
Vertigo Studios has just released the
SPAD VII, the first WWI aircraft in their Great War
Project line of TacPack-powered WWI aircraft! VRS would
very much like to thank Vertigo for supporting TacPack
development, and we look forward to seeing many more vintage
aircraft from this very talented team!
"Ever wanted to fly a WWI aircraft? Now you can! Vertigo
Studios Spad VII (150 bhp, early variant) comes with a total
of 15 Paint schemes and is full equipped with TacPack
functionality, utilizing the Vickers Machine Gun, and
optional RFC over-wing Lewis Machine gun. The guns feature
custom effects for muzzle flash, tracers, and custom
recorded audio. The aircraft is supplemented with easy to
use configuration panel, for optional display of the pilot
and the Lewis Gun, and selection of cockpit status."
- As with every Vertigo Studios aircraft, it is
gorgeously constructed inside and out
- Compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2+
and Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D v1.4+, and v2.0+
- Hi-Def 4096ï¿½4096 textures
- A total of 15 paint schemes included
- Custom Stereo engine sounds, recorded from actual
Hispano-Suiza 8Aa V-8 engine
- Comes complete with a comprehensive .PDF manual
integration! ï¿½ (requires TacPack version 220.127.116.11+)
- Much, much more!
Aerosoft TacPack-Powered F-14 Tomcat X!
posted Dec 4th, 2014
has just released their amazing
F-14 Tomcat X! Having been in development for 3-years,
this promises to be one of the most comprehensive military
aircraft packages yet released. Tomcat X features include
the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk aircraft carrier, supporting AI
aircraft, and much much more. Best of all, the Tomcat X is a
Powered* aircraft, which means users who own the TacPack will
also be able to utilize live weapon systems and other
TacPack-exclusive features built into the Tomcat.
"The Aerosoft F-14 X was designed with two principle
objectives. The first was to create an authentic and
detailed representation about what it was like to fly the
early model F-14`s and the refinements made over the first
20 years of the airframe`s service life. The second was to
create an accessible simulation for all users. While many of
the advanced systems will require you to RTFM to operate
effectively, anyone can be in the air within seconds of
loading the sim (well maybe a little longer if you`re
setting up a carrier launch). While failure logic, such as
engine compressor stalls are included, they will not become
active and take out an engine unless you enable the
- Users who own
TacPack will be able launch payloads including the
F-14's potent beyond visual range capabilities*
- TV Camera set (TCS) will focus on any radar locked
target and enable visual target identification at a
range of 10nm
- Too many features to list here!
Iris TacPack Powered A-10A "Warthog Driver II"!
posted February 28th, 2014
Iris Simulations, today released their ground-breaking
A-10A "Warthog Driver II" - TacPack Edition! The Iris
A-10A marks the very first third-party commercial
product utilizing VRS TacPack
technology, and marks the first of many such products that
are either planned or in active development!
ï¿½The Hog is Back!ï¿½ As promised during 2013,
we have revamped the Airforce Series Warthog and
added integration with Vertical Reality
Simulations TacPack product. We feel that the
A-10 is the perfect accompanying product for the
VRS Superbug and the wide variety of ground
stores and the massive GAU-8 Avenger cannon make
it a powerful ground attack aircraft!
would like to offer our most sincere
congratulations to David, Rob, and the rest of
the Iris team for updating this marvelous
machine with TacPack compatibility! We would
also like to thank Iris for standing by us,
supporting us, and sharing our dream of bringing
our small community closer together through
cooperation and collaboration. Things can only
get better from here!
posted February 6th, 2014
Cattaneo, a very talented and popular freeware
aircraft designer, has recently released a slew of TacPack
for FSX! These are the very
first third-party TacPack-powered aircraft! Some of the
legendary aircraft available include:
Grumman F-14D Tomcat
Boeing T-45C Goshawk
Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II
Lockheed S-3B Viking (coming soon)
TacPack owners can take
full advantage of the TacPack weapon and avionic
functions Dino has implemented in these legendary aircraft.
Of course they can also be flown without the TacPack. If you
like what you see, then please
donate to Dino's development fund in order to help him
continue his great work!
- Sign up for our
newsletter. We'll let you know as soon as we release a new
product, put out a patch, or announce important events
Customer support forum (registration required)
Lovingly Crafted Killing Machines
Copyright 2009-2016 Vertical Reality Simulations, LLC.
All rights reserved
Website Usage Terms